Saturday, November 9, 2013

I AM GOING WITH THE BEST PERSON I KNOW - ME!

I contemplated this for weeks, and decided a few days ago, if I really want to go to a concert to see one of my favorite acoustic soul artists, who better to go with than me?  My husband and I don't like all of the same things; that includes, movies, food, and music.  But isn't that the beauty in relationships and marriages?, you don't always have to like the same things. 


Case in point, I have been wanting to see artist, #India Arie since her 1st CD release in 2001 (Acoustic Soul)...since that time she has been a force to be reckoned with. There is just something about her music that feeds my soul when I hear it.  So when I read that she was going to be here at the Keswick Theater the week before Thanksgiving, it was music to my ears.  However, one of the first thoughts that came to mind, who will I go with?  I didn't really want to ask the hubby, because as I said before, our interest in music differs (with the exception of Jazz, which we definitely agree on), so I thought about asking my sister, or one of my girlfriends.  

I went back and forth about this for days, all the while continuing to check the Keswick Theater website to see what seats were left. Since the show is in two weeks, I did not want to impose on anyone at pretty much the last minute, and just when I was about to give up and not go at all, I thought to myself, why I am struggling with who to ask at the last minute, when the one person who is available to go is ME?

So there you have it, I purchased my ticket and now just counting the days with excitement.  I don't know what I am more excited about; seeing India Arie in concert for the first time, or going alone to see India Arie in concert for the first time! sorry for the repeat, but it just seemed to fit.

My point is, doing fun things with family, friends, husbands, or boyfriends is great, but you can also do, fun and amazing things by yourself! The choice is yours. Never let a person or thing stand in your way of doing what feeds your soul!

Stay tuned, November 23rd is fast approaching, and I will be singing, one of my favorite songs by India, "Strength, Courage and Wisdom", all the way to the Keswick Theater!

"A man who procrastinates in his choosing, will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance" - Hunter S. Thompson

I love this quote, because it made me realize, had I procrastinated about going to this show, all because I did not want to go alone, or burden anyone with a last minute decision, ultimately my choice would have been made for me, by the circumstance of the show being SOLD OUT!  Yikes! just the thought of that gives me chills.  Ahhhhh, life is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment