Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"In My Listening Booth" with NAJEE..."The Morning After"

I have always been a fan of Najee, and his music has really evolved over the years from what I call, "cool jazz" to just down right sexy jazz".  Since the latest release of his highly anticipated new CD "The Morning After", when I hear the name Najee and listen to his music, I picture myself in Paris at a small, but intimate jazz club, sipping on my favorite white wine, and chilling with my husband while we are romanced and entertained by the sounds of one of the most talented and influential musicians in the business.

When I hear Najee's music, past and present I think about a smooth jazz cruise, or an expensive meal at a gourmet soul food restaurant (yes I said gourmet, because with his music playing in the background, southern food is turned up a notch).  His latest CD is by far, one of his best to date.  It's sexy, soulful, romantic, upbeat, funky and emotional. You want to laugh, cry, hug someone, dance, and just sit back and chill all in one night.

Ronald Jackson, President and Chief Editor at thesmoothjazzride.com did a great interview with Najee and not only was the conversation fun, and entertaining, but you got a real sense of the man behind his music.  As I listened to him and heard samples of his music, I thought to myself, he is truly at the top of his game!  He is a veteran in the business as an established artist, so what will or could he possibly do next?  Who knows, but whatever he works on next, I am sure it will be equally as great if not better than "The Morning After", but is it possible? Sure it is, after all it's Najee!

Clink on the link below for a recent interview with Najee at the thesmoothjazzride.com blogtalkradio "smooth conversations" and hear samples of his new CD...Enjoy!

http://www.thesmoothjazzride.com/site/smooth_conversations/

http://www.thesmoothjazzride.com/site/smooth_conversations/



No comments:

Post a Comment