Sunday, December 1, 2013

"In My Listening Booth with the late Luther Vandross"

What better way to start off the month of December than with some nice warm, cozy music.  I have to admit, I am not a fan of Christmas music, well at least not all Christmas music. I am really not as big a fan of the Christmas season anymore either..When I was a kid, through my teens and as a young adult, between Thanksgiving and New Years, our house was filled with family, food and lots of fun! At times we would travel from one relative house to another, and each house was always filled with the same, food, family, friends and fun!  The toys were nice, but the best part was seeing my cousins, aunts and uncles, and listening to stories from the elders about what Christmas really means....

A Charlie Brown Christmas is another classic that my cousins and I would faithfully watch every season; Sadly, so much of that has been lost and forgotten, that listening to and watching classic songs and shows, brings it all back!  Even now as an adult, I will still watch Charlie Brown Christmas, yes, you read that right, and I can't wait to watch it with my grand-kids when my Son and his wife start their family!  

I feel the same about holiday songs; So many popular songs have been done over and over again, that I feel a little nostalgia is needed from time to time. I am not knocking the artists who've added their personal touches to already classic holiday tunes, but every now and then, I have to listen to some of the best holiday tunes I have had the pleasure of enjoying over the years.   There is something about the older songs evokes the best memories! Luther Vandross may have left us much too soon, but he also left us with some amazing music and classic holiday tunes!

Luther Vandross classic "Every Year, Every Christmas", This is one of my all time favorites holiday songs by him. He sings it so beautifully, if your not in the mood, you will be....ENJOY!

What are some of your favorite Christmas songs?  
Do you prefer the classic version, or a newer version of the same song? 

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73oZyC6Jc30


No comments:

Post a Comment