Saturday, December 20, 2014

My 2014 Year In Review!

Wow, where did the time go! This has certainly been a fast track year for us, and definitely more highs than lows.  You never know what each year will bring, but you pretty much just have to go with the flow of things. There have definitely been more highs than lows compared to previous years, losing both my parents, within 3 years of each other; and since that chapter of my life is closed with many great memories to cherish. I miss my parents every day but I am grateful and blessed to have had each of them in my life as long as I did. In the midst of losing my parents, I lost a girlfriend, 2 aunts and an uncle. From their deaths I take comfort in knowing they all had special meaning in my life, and now I look forward to new and exciting things to come

I decided to post this year in review not only to reflect on what is really important in life, but to maybe encourage you to re-evaluate what is important to you.  We all have our jobs and careers and bills to be paid, but how many of us are truly working hard to live and enjoy life.

We live in a world where many people value money and things over people.  There is nothing wrong with working hard, and making lots of money doing it, but at what cost?  How much joy can TV's, cars, clothes and jewerly bring to your life?

I was asked by a friend, if I could have a Jeanie in a bottle, what wishes would I want granted? I told her, round trip airline tickets to anywhere in the world, for LIFE! a Mac Pro, Louis Vuitton Luggage and my husband to carry it all Lol!  Hey that is all I would need for my dream job.  So many people want things, I want experiences.  Oh the places we would go. Savannah Georgia for its History, France for the culture, and New Orleans for the music and food. She then asked me why would I not ask to have my parents back, and I said to her, that would be like saying God made a mistake in taking them.  God doesn't make mistakes.  She then understood.

With that being said, I am looking forward to 2015 and all that it will bring. Sometimes the unexpected can be even more exciting. Stay tuned.  All the pics below are a nice reflection of family, friends, fun and enjoying life!  I am looking forward to sharing more of my life's adventures with you in the new year. Stay tuned.























No comments:

Post a Comment